[Copenhagen] OAD's Best New European Restaurant Dinner
The second event of Opinionated About Dining's Top 100+ Weekend was the Best New European Restaurant Dinner at Nimb Terrace in Tivoli Gardens featuring chefs from the 9 restaurants that were competing for this year's Best New Restaurant Award:
- Alexandre Mazzia - AM par Alexandre Mazzia in Marseille, France
- Antonio Guida - Seta in Milan, Italy
- Hideki Nishi - Neige d’Ete in Paris, France
- Oriol Castro & Eduoard Xatruch - Disfrutar in Barcelona, Spain
- Rasmus Munk - Alchemist in Copenhagen, Denmark
- Riccardo Camanini - Lido 84 in Gardone Riviera, France
- Ryuji Teshima - Pages in Paris, France
- Yoji Tokuyoshi - Tokuyoshi in Milan, Italy
- Vilhjalmur Sigurdarson - Souvenir in Ypres, Belgium
[Disfrutar] Beet That Come Out of Land
[Disfrutar] Tomato Polovoron and Arbequina Caviaroli
[AM par Alexandre Mazzia] Vegetal Biscott
[AM par Alexandre Mazzia] Parmesan/Pistachio/Grenade
[Alchemist] "Lollipops For Adults" with smoked potato, sour cream gel, baerii caviar from Giaveri in Italy and raw oyster.
[Alchemist] "Oyster & Ham" with Gillardeau oysters, broken gel of Joselito ham 2006, fermented oyster and yuzu foam.
[Alchemist] "Rotten Lamb Brain" with mousse of lamb brain & organic foie gras, lemon ants, thyme, roasted mealworms and edible skull made of onions and freeze-dried white wine vinegar. This dish was quite provocative as I wasn't expecting to be served a skull with a "brain" inside. Shock factor aside, the flavors were nicely put together as you just taste the foie gras mousse with a hint of acidity. It wasn't my first time eating ants as I had done that before at Den in Tokyo but it was my first time eating mealworms and I didn't really get anything other than texture when I ate it with the mousse. Trust me, it's not as "bad" as it looks.
[Alchemist] "Ashtray" with poached King crab, new potatoes, leek ash and dried tomato. This was another intriguing dish that didn't look anything like it would taste. The King crab was quite sweet in flavor and surprisingly the ash didn't produce any bitter taste at all.
[AM par Alexandre Mazzia] Trout Eggs & Smoked Milk + Eel/Chocolate Pie
[Souvenir] Medley of Flemish Vegetables
[Lido 84] Spaghettone al burro e Lievito
[Tokuyoshi] Risotto con film di Pomodoro
[Disfrutar] Langoustine al ajillo
[Seta] Hazelnut Crusted Monkfish with vichyssoise and liquorice sauce
[Neige d'Ete] Suckling Pig grilled on Japanese Buchotan
The live action for our next dish!
[Pages] Beef Tasting with:
- Japanese 33 months old Ozaki beef that had been aged for 40 days
- 27 months old beef from Normandy that had been aged for 40 days
- Galician 15 year old beef Rubia Gallega that had been aged for 120 days
[Beppino Occelli] Beppino Occelli Barolo tasting
[Lido 84] Gelato
Follow me on Facebook! www.facebook.com/supertastermel
Follow me on Instagram! www.instagram.com/supertastermel